Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Where oh where do I News?

I do not go to the internet for news very much, but when I do I like to use Inside NOVA. Normally I will see a post on Facebook that I am interested in and it will take me to the site. Inside NOVA covers news from Stafford to Loudoun and reports on everything from neighborhood events and politics to sports. Inside NOVA is a really good source for keeping up with all of the local high school sports as well. You can normally find discount offers or coupons on the site as well.

When I am searching for sports news or information, I go to the mother ship of all sports reporting sites ESPN. The site has scores for all active games in all sports college and pro at the top of the page. As awesome as that is you can find highlights for just about anything relevant to sports and an endless posting of sports articles.

As most sport enthusiast, if I am not able to watch sports the next best thing is to listen to sports or those that talk about sports for a living. When I'm in the car I normally have the radio station locked in on 106.7 The Fan. With shows like "The Junkies" in the AM, "Grant and Danny" for lunch and "Chad Dukes Verses The World", I not only getting good sports news reporting, but a good amount of comedy relief as well. On my  way home in the evenings I can sometimes catch a Washington National's baseball game or a Redskin's football game. I  LOVE this station!

3 comments:

  1. I am a reader of Inside NOVA too--there seems to be a spate of local bank robberies in that feed, and so what I find is that Inside NOVA is pretty quick to report, but that the readers who comment on that site are, sometimes, a little "thick headed" in their responses. I also listen to the Junkies--have for at least a decade now. I just wish they had more on the Broncos, of course.
    Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it's totally opposite. I am into news like Foxnews, but not Inside NOVA. Maybe in the future I should looking into it, and knowing what's going on around my neighborhood . I am also fan of ESPN, it provide all the highlights that you miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way, trending Facebook posts are usually what triggers me to go onto a news sites. As you mentioned, Inside NOVA is a really good site to get news about what's happening around us. I refer to Inside NOVA from time to time when I'm looking for things to do locally. I'm glad that you mentioned Inside NOVA because I totally forgot about them as a news source.

    ReplyDelete