Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Get the News at Your Fingertips


Gaining access to the news has never been easier. Before the innovations of technology, you probably would have to get the news by reading a traditional newspaper or by listening to a radio broadcast. Nowadays, getting the news is literally at your fingertips. Technology has granted us the ability to simply turn on the television or use a computer, tablet, or smartphone to get instant access to news.

With my busy on the go lifestyle, I don’t have very much time to sit down for long periods of time to read or watch the news. However, when I come across news information that is interesting to me or trending on my Facebook news feed, I do read the articles or watch the videos. The web provides many online sources where news information could be quickly obtained. Sometimes reported news may be a bit biased or incorrect so I don’t rely on just one news source.


Recently, the national news has been focused on the South Carolina flooding. Therefore, on my Facebook news feed my friends has shared post to helped spread awareness to the cause. These post would be linked to a news article that would explain the effects from the flood. An example of an article is the article from ABC News. If it wasn't for Facebook., I probably would not know what's happening in the world.

In additional, I refer to The Weather Channel website for the local weather forecasting news. By doing so, it allows me to plan my days proactively and efficiently.

Now you can say, I follow the Kardashians but I'm not a crazy fan its just that everywhere you turn there's always something going on with the Kardashians. For celebrity news, I refer to Eonline and TMZ. Recently, Eonline has reported that Kim Kardashian is expecting baby number two. I am certain that majority of news reported on celebrities are false but it does keep me entertained.

The web has provided a quick, efficient, and convenient option for one to obtain news information, but be carefully and be sure to do additional research before trusting what you've read. 

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany,
    Do you find that what's trending on Facebook is content/news you agree with? Is it because you have similar interests as your friends? I have had to "hide" some "friends'" newsfeeds (distant relatives, high school friends), whose news links left a lot to be desired.
    I wonder--which articles, specifically, from The Washington Post have stood out to you regarding the election?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been many times that I have came across trending Facebook content/news that I don't agree with but by reading the article or post, it allows me to be more aware of what's happening either around me or in the world. There have been times where I had to un-follow friends because of some of the things they would post or say about things I disagreed with.

      From The Washington Post one of the articles that stood out to me was the "On birthright citizenship, Scott Walker takes yet another stance: Don’t change the Constitution." In my opinion, this election is crazy because there is so much talk about possibly changing our constitution and it's not something I agree with. However, I have to say, I'm not one that really keeps up with what's happening because of my busy schedule, but if it catches my attention I do my research.

      Delete