Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Where Do I Go To Get The News?

To be completely honest I don't even try to look for news. I see my mom every morning reading the news paper and I can't remember the last time I even held one to actually read it. I use the newspaper for arts and crafts or to cover up the floor when I'm painting. It's sad to say but it's true. The older generation use to plan reading the newspaper into their daily routine. When I was younger I can remember when I would stay at my uncle's house and every morning when I would wake up and walk downstairs, he'd be at the table already, drinking his coffee and reading the newspaper. He would have piles and piles of newspapers on the dinning room table.

Nowadays, the younger generation can obtain their news by opening their twitter apps on their phone when they wake up in the morning.

Now I'm not saying that I'm not aware of what is going on in the world and our nation. I find out by my phone. Tweets, IG posts, Ads etc. That's how I find out the news. Local news I can find usually through my email or my mom, after she reads the newspaper that day. On my twitter account, I follow BBC news and FOX news accounts.

I love this because as something is happening, I can see the live tweets and updates that the news channel is posting. Instead of trying to find a TV or radio, I can just whip out my phone and open Twitter. Then, for my friends who don't follow any news accounts, I can retweet it and keep my followers updated. 

When I was younger, it was the daily routine for me and my mom to watch the FOX 5 news team every morning. I miss that routine. However, my schedule and her schedule doesn't allow that.  

3 comments:

  1. Can you diagnose why you don't "look for news"? Maybe you don't get it from viewing it at a sit-down computer, but I assume you are accessing the Web through your phone--so you still have web-access news, right?

    Who is the older generation? I agree--I used to read the newspaper, but now that I have the internet, I have the news (and so much of it!) at my fingertips. What news do you find on Twitter? Show with some examples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,

    I can definitely relate to your lack of time to physically read a newspaper. However, I have found that Snapchat offers news sources (BuzzFeed, People, Cosmopolitan, Vice, Daily Mail, and CNN) directly thru their app. Apple also has a news app that produces a feed based on sources you choose. I find this to be a much easier way to keep up to speed with what's going on. Just a little info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are missing what's going on around world. Maybe you should find some time and looking into the news websites, you will be surprise what you find. The news websites provide more details compare to Tweets, it lack of information.

    ReplyDelete