Wednesday, October 28, 2015

DIY

(Image from Creative Ideas)

Are you planning a party or trying to renovate your bathroom? Whatever your project may be you can do it all by yourself with a little help from the web.

The web has provided people with a place of convenience to do and received just about anything. Experts and creative minds are given the flexibility to share their ideas on the web to influence and assist others on the projects they may be working on. People no longer have to take classes or purchase expensive books and magazines to repair or build something. This idea is known as DIY.

What does “DIY” stand for? DIY stands for, “Do it yourself.” The acronym or abbreviation is usually used to refer to building, repairing or crafting something without the actual help from an expert in the field. 

By doing things yourself, you will be able to save a ton of money. Based on an article from Bankrate, “DIY dilemma: Hire or play the pro?,” you can save an average of between 25 to 50 percent by doing things yourself.

(Image from Giphy)

Nowadays, DIY ideas exist for pretty much anything you can think of. One of my favorite DIY are  cooking recipes. My husband and I are big fans of the television show, The Master Chef. Every time I watch the show I always get excited and would challenge myself to make the dishes that appear on the show. My most favorite cooking recipe that I’ve learned from the web is the French Macarons. I’ll warn you that the DIY instructions seemed easier than it actually was. I watched YouTube videos from ladylovecakes and followed the step by step instructions from Food Networks until finally I was able to master the French Macaron.
(Image from Giphy)

DIY projects can be fun and creative as well. With Christmas just around the corner, why not save a little and craft some homemade gifts. Ideas for gifts could be gathered from Pinterest, just search, "Homemade Christmas Gifts." There are endless DIY ideas that may be helpful to you, so get innovative this holiday season.
Benjamin Franklin once said, "You can do anything you set your mind to."

4 comments:

  1. I am surprised that children are more likely hit by a car and killed on Halloween than any other day of the year. I agreed with you that for those children who are going to trick-or-treat shouldn’t walk alone. People usually kidnap children when they are alone. I remembered when I went trick-or-treat, there weren’t any street light, but now due to the safety, the county build street lights around the neighborhood to reduce crimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are good tips. I wonder, can you layer the post with some of the best websites that showcase Halloween tips? Scholarly content about risks/rewards of Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on the comments I see here, it seems as if the topic of this post changed significantly since the first round?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mention above that one can save between 25-50% by crafting DIY. Do you have a specific example of this in action? You mention cooking--how much would it be to purchase some of those bakery items at an upscale bakery in comparison to making it yourself?

    ReplyDelete