Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Internet Change the World

                           
                                                        Google Image

Just imagine what would will happen if internet never exist?  Today, there are about 3 billion internet users in 2015.  Internet have become more involving in our daily life especially technology became more advanced and complicated each years. Internet help us make our life better and easier in many different ways.

                           
                                                     Google Image

First of all, internet allow us to communicate throughout the world. Back in the day, people have to go far a distance to communicate with others, and plus phone wasn’t advance at that time. Now, the internet become more advance which allowed people to communicate with other people from different part of countries.  My grandma living in New York, and I only see her once or twice a year. However, now I could FaceTime with my grandma every week without going over there.   Also, email is another way that people can communicate with one another.  Sending an email is instantaneous, and people who received can responded immediately.  In the 1800s, people use birds to communicate, but sometime the birds can take couple of days to deliver the messages to the other people. For school work, I have to send an electronic file to my teacher for classwork assigment, I could send an email to the teacher immediately without waiting for the next day.   

                             
                                                           Google Image

Research is one of influences that Internet change the world. Again, back to the 1900s, people didn’t have any internet to do their school works and other things.  But now, internet have so many features that people could do. I remembered when I did the research paper for English class, I went to the web to find sources.  I didn’t have to go to library and search the books that I am looking for.  I could search books that available online.  I am glad that I have the internet access to find sources on the web. Just imagine without internet, we will have to go to library everytime to do the research. 

People have more technology devices in their home than ever before.  I have big family, there are six people in the house and each individuals have their own electronic devices, including my youngest brother. Most of them carry small device such as phone, smartwatch, and other Bluetooth devices with them.  On my phone, whenever news events occurring around the world, it will notify me immediately rather watch on the TV or hear someone talk about it.   Moreover, there’s website just for the weather . This website not only cover world’s weather, but it also cover my local area weather.  In the morning, I always checking on the weather news to see what the weather is look like in my local area. Without news website, I won’t know what to wear and I would be unprepared for that day.

In the long run, internet have allow us to do more things than we can ever before.  Internet bring people together, share information with one another through social medias and online mails. 

2 comments:

  1. I have encountered online communities which fervently support Donald Trump, practically to a point of willful ignorance of any compromising information about him. These same communities hold him up in such high regards that it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that they revering him towards apotheosis.

    Because of the inherently dogmatic nature of the support that these communities show Donald Trump, I can't help but consider him a "meme." What is funny about me considering him a meme, is that Americans may nominate him in the primaries, essentially making the presidential election a joke, not figuratively, but literally (in my eyes.)

    Can you imagine the president of the United States tweeting every 10 minutes? I, for one, would enjoy the banter that it would generate.

    Just to set the record straight, I don't not support Donald Trump, however, I don't support him, either; I don't support any candidate. I'm not going to vote, either. However, I enjoy being a witness.

    What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan (and Sharif!),
    Interesting post here. Yes, the Republican primary debates are happening, and with that comes those memes like the ones shown in the post. I wonder--is Carson really the world's top surgeon? Memes can be timely, but they can obfuscate candidates' credentials and stands on issues.

    Keep developing--in a way that shows where someone goes on the Internet to get information (biased and nonbiased) on these candidates.

    Sharif--why aren't you going to vote?

    ReplyDelete