Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Where I go for news

I go to a few places for news. It may not  consist of news someone else is looking up. I generally like IFLS articles that have to do with space. One of the recent articles that I have read is about Space Mining . I really do think space is our future, and one of the things that interest me is mining in space for raw and rare resources found on earth. Sometimes the articles on IFLScience are not that great, but every now and then there are gems.

There are other places I like to go. One of the websites I keep my eye on is rock and ice for articles on safety, and sometimes even tragic deaths. You can learn a lot, but sometimes for fun, just the video weekend whippers to see either really bad accidents or screwups, and sometimes fun falls. 

I don't care too much about things on the news like CCN or Fox news. I just find a lot of bias or poorly reported. It is always negative or very serious issues. There is never a light at the end of the tunnel with them. I just stay away now.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brent,
    I love reading about space exploration. I find that I get quite a bit of my science nerd news from Scientific American and IO9. And, recently, I follow the Arthur C. Clarke Foundation's website.
    I do have a question for you. What's a "weekend whipper"?
    And it's sad that the giant news conglomerates are pushing away people with the recycled, every comment is a news story presentation. I don't think this will change, and, sadly, only get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brent,
    I loved reading the article about space mining. I feel that this could be a step forward for our universe. Though I feel something else will be affected by doing this. supply and demand. Using this for the good of the people or for war.

    I'm freaked out by heights so watching me or somebody else fall scares me. I also want to know what classifies as a "fun fall"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brent,
    I enjoyed reading your post. Had a lot of great new sites I would like to try out. I like trying new things and learning new things. I also agree with certain channels being bias but to be honest it's most.

    ReplyDelete