Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Where I go on the Web.

I am huge fan of social media. It may be an addiction, but never the less, I continue to peruse. I feel connected, not just to other people, but to the events going on in the world. People are constantly posting their opinions on events both important and menial, and everyone takes their own stance. While some frustrate me beyond reason, and others just require a face palm, it's a good chance to learn every side of an argument.

Facebook comes to mind when I think frustrating opinions. This isn't to say that I don't respect that everyone has a right to feel the way they do. It's interesting to hop on Facebook after something major takes place and realize that you and your friends are not on the same page. Suddenly, there are hundreds of links to articles all across the web. If you go on Facebook, then an hour later, you may end up on an international news site, or taking a Buzzfeed quiz to find out what muscle in the body you are. 

Buzzfeed is very entertaining though. It isn't really a social media site, but it encourages comments and content from people visiting the site. It has articles that are both serious in nature as well as fluff pieces. I tend to lean toward the more amusing texts. Buzzfeed is my go to boredom site. I've taken dozens of quizzes of ridiculous natures, varying from "when will I die?" and "What color should my hair really be?"

My all time favorite place to go, though, is Instagram. I'm very visual by nature and I'm more willing to read an article that is accompanied by an interesting picture. I manage two accounts on Instagram, both a personal one and a business account. My personal account is unstructured, and I tend to lean away from writing very much under the pictures. I assume most of my followers know me personally and I'm not trying to sell them anything, so I write in a more reserved style and I take pictures that tell a story about myself. On the business account, I have to maintain the personality of the group I am representing. It's a very upbeat and friendly company, and while we aren't selling a product, we are trying to push our name and gain recognition. I write more under the picture and put various hashtags that will link people to the photo. I actually enjoy the business account more, as strange as that may sound.

There are many more sites I could list, but these are by far my most visited places on the web.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,

    I can definitely relate to you when it comes to Buzzfeed. Some of the things that they come up with are hilarious!

    I use the Instagram app as well. I love the app because it is super easy to use and I can't lie, I love the filters. The filters makes the pictures speak louder and much more bold. The only thing that I wish that Instagram would incorporate to their app is the function to be logged into two or more accounts at one time. I hate having to log out of one account to access the other and vice versa.

    The web is a place that will keep us occupied if we absolutely have nothing to do for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thorough, fantastic post, Joy! I really liked the depth for which you posted where you go on the web. It makes sense for you to have multiple web presences, sometimes just covering yourself, and sometimes as you represent a group (this makes me curious--what group? But you don't have to tell us).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the blog. I would say I know a lot of people like you. I'm not one that's a hug fan of any kind of social media. I use it for basically for what it is. I stay in contact with people and it helps me with my business but that's really it. I don't find myself being involved or a hug social media lover. I feel like there's way to much drama for me on there.

    ReplyDelete