Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The New Library

I find that if you can't find the answer to something, the web is the way to go. With technology so readily available, why not surf the web for what you need. I use the Internet only if, I need information about something I can't find on my own.
The other reason is because I'm hungry. I check out a lot of web sites dealing with video games, voice acting, and art. There is more to add but it's a long list.

I'm pretty sure everyone has done this. I don't feel like going outside to buy food. Let me order some Chinese food or pizza. I check deviant art for artwork by artist all over the world. I find pictures to use as wallpaper or draw fan art when I find one I like. I will also draw and put up put up pictures on my website.

 When I go to work and take my break. I relax by going to YouTube an watching videos about Pokemon. I then try to find more information online about the best Pokemon, what team is good, what type of tournaments they have, and calculating what moves take out my opponent.

I go to "IGN" which is a website that is popular in showing online sources for the latest news on video games. I go here to see reviews on games before I decide to by them. Though they are just one opinion so I check multiple websites like it. I also look up information on games that I can't beat and check the blogs to see if someone else knows the answer.

The site that I visit the most would be "www.behindthevoiceactors.com" I love voice acting and try to study everything I can about it.
This website is helpful because it gives information about what voice actor did what movie,game, or show. You can make an account and try to do voices yourself. They have a forum so if you want to find out anything about there site go there.

I feel like those are the main ones I go to. I would like to see if anyone else in the blog goes to some pretty unique places on the web. I saw Sharif mention 4chanorg. I used to go there for the Pokemon section but, too many people ruined it for me by putting sexual innuendos.
.





5 comments:

  1. Hello Steve,

    I see you have a huge range of places that you visit when on the web. I also visit IGN and deviantart at times. Like you, I think IGN is biased, but it gives broad information on many media types and gives me a reference point when I start to compare.
    As for deviantart, I was introduced to the site by a friend when I was looking for different Sith styles for some research. I was amazed at the quality/quantity of outstanding artists on that site. Now I just visit it when I feel like "geeking out"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,
    Interesting post you have here. Like Kat and I, you seem to find that we watch YouTube--I use it to get in the groove when doing emails and when working out. I'm not much of a video gamer, but I will check out that IVN site--I'm always curious about new places on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steve,

    I will say I don't trust IGN or a lot of other video game review sites anymore. This is just my personal opinion. A lot of the reviews are biased or people sold out for the money. I generally know how to look at a game anymore and figure what are its pros/cons. If the game has not been released yet, I look for people on either youtube or some other source for either play testing/beta. I also have a few friends who are pro gamers that might know about the game already. If the game is released. I check out Twitch.

    As far as voice acting man, who is your favorite voice actor? I have to say hands down mine is Robert Carlyle

    I'm sure you are familiar with it, but I think I recall on deviant art, what real life pokemon would look like. I would love to see a post of that if you can find some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Steve,

    I will say I don't trust IGN or a lot of other video game review sites anymore. This is just my personal opinion. A lot of the reviews are biased or people sold out for the money. I generally know how to look at a game anymore and figure what are its pros/cons. If the game has not been released yet, I look for people on either youtube or some other source for either play testing/beta. I also have a few friends who are pro gamers that might know about the game already. If the game is released. I check out Twitch.

    As far as voice acting man, who is your favorite voice actor? I have to say hands down mine is Robert Carlyle

    I'm sure you are familiar with it, but I think I recall on deviant art, what real life pokemon would look like. I would love to see a post of that if you can find some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To answer your Question Brent my favorite female voice actor is Tara Strong and favorite male voice actor is Dee Bradley Baker. I do like Robert Carlyle he did an amazing job in Castlevania as Dracula and Gabriel Belmont.

    As for the realistic pokemon images on deviantart. The artist name is "Arvalis" I don't feel comfortable posting his work but the link to his website is "http://arvalis.deviantart.com"

    ReplyDelete