Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Where do I go on the Web?

Where do i go on the web? This is a very tricky question and I have to ponder where do I really go. I believe where I go on the web is based on my hobbies and my personality. As I would imagine that would be for anyone who is on the web. Sally Lou might be shopping for clothes and that reflects her fashion world, but for me I would say it revolves around gaming and rock climbing. Social media is also mixed in there to some extent. I would highly doubt someone if they were to tell me they never have touch youtube or netflix in this day in age.


I will admit I am on facebook regularly, but I do see it as a means for my friends to contact me or share things with me when not around, is that not the purpose of a social media site anymore?


 I am an avid Dota2 player, so I do check out stats of players as well as myself on Dotabuff. I will constantly be checking my own win/lose ratio. My best heroes, or looking at old matches. Several graphs can be shown on dotabuff on team performance.

More recently I have been getting into paintball when I don't rock climb, so I will be on youtube looking up both paintball and rock climbing videos. I might also mention I have a multiscreen setup to my PC. I have multiple tabs of chrome up at a time doing different things at once. It feels wrong if I do not have this option when on a computer anymore. So  I will usually have youtube up when I am also gaming.

I will check out weekend whippers, and safety stories in the rock climbing world. Near death, and fatal accidents to see what people did right or wrong so  I don't make a mistake when I'm 150 feet off the ground suspended by just a rope above the trees. The site I go to for all this would be Rock and Ice. http://www.rockandice.com/

I beleive sharif blogged about twitch.tv. I also watch streamers, a few I follow, from time to time, but I have actually started my own stream recently and just setup my greenscreen for added affects. So I can be found on twitch streaming, and I try to maintain chat and the stream while live. http://www.twitch.tv/xlord_belmont7/profile

5 comments:

  1. Greetings Brent,

    I also play Dota 2, so if you would like to play a match, let me know and I will send you my Steam ID. However, I don't play nearly as often as I have in the past, as school has taken up most of my free-time since the semester started, so I may be rusty. I'll be sure to check out your stream someday, as well -- when do you usually stream?


    Since we are on the topic on computer gaming, mind telling me your computer's specifications? I recently built a rig, myself.

    Anyways, I also believe that where we go on the internet reflects our personality and interests. I'd imagine that no two individuals have identical internet habits, and if they do, well, they may also be similar in character and interests.

    Looking forward to your reply!

    Sharif A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we can hit a match up. I have several accounts I can hop on depending where you are MMR wise, in order to keep the match fair for you.

      I use to stream tuesday-thursday, but I wont be on that schedule till mid October.

      My current rig is a 2010 build, so the GC is out of date, but
      two nvidia 460gtx crosslinked,
      i7 someodd processor
      12gigs of ram
      500g SSD
      1TB Harddrive

      Been looking to upgrade GC for a while now.been looking at either something in 600 or 700 series for nvidia

      Delete
  2. Hi Brent,
    You're the first to mention that you have multiple screens--which does influence how you surf the web, right? And I still tend to use my desktop more than my phone, at least for work-related web searching. I've not used twitch.tv, but now that you and Sharif have brought it up, I'm going to have to check it out!
    Julie Q.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr Quinn,

      It just feels wrong when I don't have access to more than one screen anymore, but I put in a lot to have a really nice desk and desktop. I am a total nerd at heart, and express it more so when alone and online with friends. My web searches are enhanced by the multi-monitor setup. I can read an article on one screen while watching(listening) a video on another.

      I have recorded highlights and past broadcast on the link I posted for twitch. but when I am live you can see the live feed instead. I will try to broadcast a stream tomorrow if anyone is interested in just checking it out. Mind you it is live and you can communicate with me and get direct responses. Just to give quick insight on anyone not familiar with streaming on twitch or much of gaming. Some people do this for a living and make more money with sponsorship's, and just fan donations that you would believe

      Delete
  3. Goof job on the assignment. I think that's I'm also one that stays on the internet but not just to be on it to say I'm on it. I also have a reason and it depends on what I need it for at the time. However I do use part of my every day life, from work, chilling, or keeping in contact with people.

    ReplyDelete