Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Where do I go on the Web?

 
(Image from Google)
 
I know it may be horrible to say this but I’ve become so dependent on the web for almost everything in my life. I use the web on a daily basis to work, learn, and for simply entertainment. My job requires me to use a ton of web applications and do web interactions throughout my typical work day. I work as a marketing director for a local restaurant here in Northern Virginia and Gmail has become my best friend. I am emailing and responding to clients pretty much all day long, whether it is on my laptop or on my smart phone from the time I wake up in the morning to before I shut my eyes at night. I find myself consistently on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter promoting the restaurant’s brand and upcoming events.
 
However, aside from my work life, I am a full time student attending Northern Virginia Community College. I am a super busy person so I take majority of my classes online. I use the campus website for basic school information and the Blackboard to access my course work. I “religiously” depend on Google to get most of the answers to my questions and even things as simple as, defining a word. When I don’t have immediate access to Google, I use my good friend Siri from my iPhone. I love her humorous virtual personality. If Siri is your friend, ask her what 0 divided by 0 is…

Other than that, I have two kids and a big kid, my husband, of whom I am always looking for ways to surprise with my cooking and creativity. I use the app Pinterest for recipe ideas and “DIY” projects, most of which, I can do with my kids. When I am on the go I stream music from Pandora and when I am at home, I watch vlogs and listen to music on Youtube. One of my favorite vlogger at the moment is Judy from #ItsJudyLife. Judy’s vlogs are about family and mommy life so I enjoy and can relate to them. Whenever I get “me” time, I relax and hang out with Netflix and Hulu. 

 
(Image from Netflix)
 
The web has become a lifestyle for me and I wouldn’t know what to do without it.

Where do you go on the web?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Tiffany,
    I loved reading your introduction and I definitely agree I don't know what I would do without the web. It's amazing! I also love watching vlogs as well, I watch Judys Life and tons of others as well. I thought I was the only one who really did that. Thank you for sharing what you like on the web!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Tiffany! I also "religiously" depend on Google. Isn't it scary how quickly we can adapt to the technologies that are close to us? My husband (my big kid, too!), daughter, and I are watching Star Wars on Amazon--my daughter's big into it--the same age my husband was when they came out in the 70s. And I do get sucked into Pinterest or Cooking.com...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. I'm also one that relays on google for mostly everything. To me its easy and gets me closer to what I'm looking for faster. I do feel like google is my fiend. LOL I do a lot of things on the web besides just search for things. I watch tv, play games, and run my business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Religiously depending on Google" I feel has become a universal truth. I enjoy too many a minute on the Great Netflix as well, though I have never tried Hulu. I wonder which has wider selection? I also enjoy music streaming, though I use Spotify. I'm sure there's some differences there as well! Next up on my list!

    ReplyDelete