Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Where Won't I Go on the Web?


Every day, people go on different website to do their research; it could be related to school, work, and  personal life. Some of websites that people visited help them a lot, but for some other websites, people try to avoid due to some of political and other issues.  Wherever I am visiting websites, I have reasons for visiting it.  There are so many websites that I wish I hadn't see it because some of websites are unpleasant and waste of time.

                    
                                                          Google Images

  One of website that I try to avoid is TMZ. This website organization focus on celebrity gossip and entertainment news.  TMZ is not only has its website, but it has its own TV shows. TMZ obsesses with celebrity’s life, for example, there will be photos and comments about Taylor Swift break out with his boyfriend, Calvin Harris. Another example will there will be long discussion about Kardashian naked photo.  Personally, I won’t waste my time to visit the website. I am not interesting of what's going on celebrity's life or gossip. Celebrity are not my idol that I should worship by following their whole life.  There are no benefits in my life for knowing all these information.  What good is it that if the web just focus on celebrity?

Second, Facebook is other website that I won’t bother my time to go on.  People post their whole story online, and then comments about it. I could text or talk to my friend personally to see how’s he/she doing.  Also, I have privacy concerns on the web.  I don’t want put my personal information online and allow people that I don’t know to know about it. Even though I didn’t mention word to word, but the image that I post could describe thousand words. It is almost like the people on Facebook have nothing to do rather post pictures and comments about other users pictures.  I could spend my time on other things rather spending time on Facebook learning about people that I don’t know about.
                        
                                                           Google Image

            Last and but not least, I won’t go on sketchy websites.  Websites that have multiple online ads, boring design, registration requirement, and bad content structure consider as sketchy websites.  Websites have all those requirements that I definitely won't go to. When the website shows all those contents, it means that its website is not trustful.  Also, website show all those contents could have virus, which could spread virus into my computer if I visiting the web; as result, it will damages my computer.  For instance, every time I don't have the channel to watch my favorite soccer team play on the TV, I usually go to a web that offer free stream soccer game.  While I was watching on the web, the virus from its web spread to my computer; eventually over couple of months, I had to replace my computer. I have learned from experience that be careful what website I should avoid.


In the end, it’s all up to people to decide whether they should visit that site or not.  I have learned some of the lessons from experiences and knowing what I shouldn’t on.  When people go on a website, they should ask themselves before click on the web, “Why do I need on that website?” or “Is there any benefit for me to go on that web?”  

4 comments:

  1. In the end, it all depend the person's interest for visit the web. Some of webs that people try to avoid, but later on they still cannot visit the web because of their interests. I an not those people anymore after I learned from the lesson. When people go to a web, they should ask themselves what's purpose for visiting the web.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jonathan,
    I can definitely agree with that. In my blog I was stating that I don't like to go to websites that don't inspire me or I don't learn. I also don't like going to place that are full of negativity. Like you said, whats the purpose for visiting the web?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your example of the TMZ site. I mentioned a few gossip and celebrity centered sites that are so full of junk in my blog and it is ridiculous how we forget that famous people are yes, just people. It is a strange thing how people so easily obsess and evaluate themselves based on other people online. I whole-heartedly agree with Deyzaney in that if the purpose for why you go on the web is not positive and uplifting, you're probably wasting your time, and we should go places to be inspired, to learn, to be in touch with things that are going on in our government etc..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jonathan,
    You make the excellent point that the Internet seems to be obsessed with celebrity. As a *horrible* perfect example of this, on the cover of an internet magazine was a photo of a Kardashian, naked, with the headline "Break the Internet." That was supposed to mean that websites and servers would crash due to the traffic that everyone would create by searching for said picture.

    What does it say about our society/culture that this is such a condition, not just in the West, but around the world?

    ReplyDelete