Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Place I dont go or try to avoid on the Web!!!!!

Sites to Avoid on the Web!!!!!!

 

 
 
 


 


.



  
  This topic was something I had to actually take my time and think about. This is a topic that really never crossed my mind especially since I'm the type of person that goes on the web for everything. When I use the computer or web I never take the time to sit back and think of sites I shouldn’t go on, I mean besides the ones that I guess people consider illegal or inappropriate, I feel like that’s just using commonsense. Besides in my opinion as a grown person you should know better and I really don’t think I need to name any of those sites. I never really thought there were sites to avoid since I thought the web was for information purposes. I go on the web if I'm trying  figure out something or need to verify information, however I do know everything I read from the web don’t make it true it just makes it easier to figure out.

  After thinking about it I have realized that I don’t go to the web for certain things.  I really have no interest in social media. There’s nothing about social media that catches my eye, however I have notice how much it catches a lot of other people’s attention and for me that’s a great thing when you own your own business. Now yes I do have a Facebook and other social media accounts but it’s only for my businesses and for the most part my wife controls everything that goes on with that. I just keep myself in the informed so I can make sure everything is running smoothly.  I try my hardest to avoid going on there for no other reason than about my business. I try to avoid getting caught up in what people call the “social media drama”.  I feel like it could be a great place to stay in touch, meet new people and run your business but so many people take social media too serous. For example if you like their post it might mean you like them and no one has time for people to be reading into something that’s not there. So to keep peace of mind I don't entertain foolishness.



Image result for avoid pop ups

  Something else I try to avoid on the web as well is these fake sites. You know the ones that want nothing more than to get your money. The pop-ups that say you can get a free $100 dollar gift card by clicking here and when you do a bunch of craziness come up, lol. I dislike all those kind of scams. It’s really bothers me how much you have to watch out for scams/ pop-ups like this on the web it’s like no matter what site you go to they find their way on there. The part that gets a lot of people they seem so real. It almost makes you just want to click on it to see if it’s real even though you already know it’s not.




     
vo

2 comments:

  1. What's interesting about your post here is that you make the distinction between personal and professional web use. You stay far away from social media for personal use, but you do see the professional business benefit of having a web presence. That makes sense to me.
    I think you make a great point to avoid the pop-up sites that having flashing content that suggests if you just click, that you'll win $1,000 or a trip to Hawaii. The web is full of sharks, and Internet swimmers just need to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one note: watch that overemphasis--it can take a text that was academic and turn it into web fodder very quickly.

    ReplyDelete